Since the inception of the COVID-19 crisis, Modern Woodcrafts has been deemed an essential business in the state of Connecticut. We have adapted our workspace per CDC guidelines, and have successfully balanced the need for social responsibility and not contributing to the vast unemployment rate. We are taking good care of our employees by keeping health benefits in place, while maintaining a safe work environment for all. To date, we have not had any cases of COVID-19 (we have a lot of wood to knock on 🙂 ) and are maintaining a steady flow of production, storing finished product in our warehouse, until restrictions are lifted to enable deliveries and installations.
As restrictions start to be lifted in industries that have been closed, we are mindful of the added precautions to stay safe. In addition to guidelines already in place, effective 5/20/2020, we have implemented the following additional guidelines:
- Provide PPE to all employees
- All remote employees will remain working remotely until further notice
- The facility has daily sanitizing mandates especially in public areas, bathrooms, tools and equipment
- All employees are asked to maintain 6’ distance within the facility
- Hand sanitizer continues to be available at public areas within the building
- Doors are open where possible for better ventilation
- Implementation of log of employees on the premises for contact tracing
Although the environment takes on a different level of energy, we are humbled by this situation and are appreciative of our health and continued ability to stay open.
We are hopeful we can one day gather again as a family to celebrate our health and economic stability.